Tips for making salsa without tomatoes
1. Start with something sweet and soft in texture: Such as mangos, peaches, cherries or even pineapple.
2. Add something crunchy and mild: For this element you can use a bell pepper or cucumber, depending on what you have on hand.
3. Mix in something spicy: You can choose to use just about any chili pepper you like: jalapeño, serene, scotch bonnet or habanero.
4. Add some onion: This can be red onion, shallot, scallions or even sweet onions. Just be sure to dice them up quite small.
5. Don’t forget the acid: The normal go-to here is lime juice, but you can use vinegar or another citrus juice to mix things up.
6. Top it off with herbs: Use cilantro in your salsa, but there are many folks who don’t. Feel free to use parsley or even basil for a unique flavor.
7. Finish with salt: Add salt at the very end and adjust to your personal taste